Composites from Design & Prototyping
Product design and development is our passion. Innovative ideas are transformed into practical composite product solutions with the expertise of our Product Development Engineers. Using state of the Art CAD/CAM programs such as 3-D SolidWorks® and finite element analysis (FEA) we have the tools and the know how to bring your concept to life.
Since our beginning in December 1992, Composite Resources has become a recognized industry leader in the design, prototyping and manufacture of composites. The design and prototyping of composites are two key aspects of our comprehensive in-house composite product capabilities.
Composites are a three dimensional combination of a minimum of two materials that differ in composition or form, with a distinct interface that separates the two component materials. Many composite materials are manmade and have been created to attain attributes that cannot be realized by the individual component materials. Many materials are used in the design and prototyping of composite products, such as:
- Carbon Fiber Epoxy
- Kevlar® Epoxy
- E-Glass Epoxy
- Stainless Steel
- Aluminum (such as 6061-T6)
This is just a partial list of the composite materials that Composite Resources has successfully worked with.
With extensive design experience and the tools to take your design concept from an idea to production, Composite Resources has the knowledge and expertise to recommend the optimum materials for your composite products design. Composite Resources' experienced staff has a wide range of design capabilities and tools to successfully develop your product concept, including:
- Concept Design
- Part Rendering
- Pattern Design
- Mold Design
- Reverse Engineering
- Product Design
- 3D Modeling
- Structural Analysis
- Tooling Design
Composite Resources has earned ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C certifications for our Quality Management System. The AS9100C is a rigorous standard established for the aerospace industry.
Stock Composite Products
- Tube - Made of high strength carbon fiber with a binding matrix of epoxy. Stock sizes range from 1/2" to 2" ID.
- Sheet - Made of high strength 2 x 2 twill carbon fiber fabric with a binding matrix of epoxy. Stock sizes range from 12" x 12" to 24" x 48" with sheet thickness ranging from 0.027" to 0.081".
- Angle - Made of high strength 2 x 2 twill carbon fiber fabric with a binding matrix of epoxy. Stock sizes range from 1" to 2" leg width.
- Rod - Made of high strength carbon fibers imbedded in a resin matrix of vinyl ester. Stock sizes range from 0.05" to 0.75" OD.
- Special Shapes - When it comes to standard and custom composite products, Composite Resources has a proven track record in the design, engineering, prototyping, fabrication and manufacture of small quantities to production runs in the millions.
- OSHA Saftey Gates - A composite safety gate with no springs attached. Made from strong reinforced fiberglass, the unique design is rugged and maintenance free.
Manufacturing Assembly & the Production of composites
How many do you need? Some projects start with only a few but some grow quite large. We get it done. From packaging equipment to aerospace structures, we help clients move from successful designs to full manufacturing. Innovative materials and processes make successful products. The formulation for your success is here.