HVAC & Refrigeration Engineering Ltd.
Our Projects Division is dedicated to delivering bespoke HVACR engineering solutions to a diverse customer base of offshore and onshore asset owners and service providers around the world. We execute all types of Greenfield and Brownfield projects from small turnkey assignments to multi-million pound upgrades and new system installations. We are fully resourced in-house to provide a complete engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) package, managed by dedicated project managers who act as reliable, single points of contact during the entire project lifecycle.
Starting at the CAD station, our project service ranges from conceptual design to the production of detailed plans, engineering drawings, calculations, construction work packs, related documentation and certification packs, whilst working to a variety of international design standards including ISO, ASHRAE, CIBSE, and NORSOK.
We are competent and experienced in undertaking the project management of multi-facet projects, beyond the normal HVACR scope. This is achieved through working closely with our approved subcontractors and vendors to deliver associated works such as architectural services, structural engineering, piping, electrical, instrumentation and fire and gas engineering, and provide an integrated solution with a single point of contact.
- FPSO / FSO
- LNG vessels
- Fixed platforms
- Onshore refineries
- Accommodation barges
- Mobile offshore drilling units
Areas of Expertise
- Accommodation modules
- Engineering modules
- Galley & mess areas
- Drilling modules – shaleshakers, mud pits, sack stores
- Switchgear & transformer rooms
- Engine rooms
- LER / control rooms
- General machinery spaces
- Temporary refuges (TR) / shelters in place (SIP)
- Analyser houses / metering stations
- VSD modules
- Power generation modules
- Hazardous areas, doghouses, drilling cabins
- Survey & definition of workscopes
- Front end engineering design studies
- Project detailed design engineering
- Project procurement
- Turnkey packages
- 2D & 3D draughting
- Full documentation & certification packs
- Overall project management
- General arrangement drawings (GAs)
- Heating & cooling load calculations
- Installation workpacks
- Electrical calculations
- Duct pressure loss calculations
Whether we are involved at the conceptual design and engineering stage, or following the production of a mature design by the client, we have the experience to deliver the complete project on a turnkey basis.
Brownfield projects, involving modification or upgrade of existing HVACR systems, can be particularly challenging due to the need to carry these out while the asset continues to operate.
Our extensive experience in executing such projects both while the asset is still operating, or as part of a time critical shutdown, or shipyard scope of works, enables us to deliver the project seamlessly, on time and on budget.
Critical to the success of such works is the level of planning that goes into interfacing with other services on the asset and we have a well tried and tested method of achieving this via our project interface planning (PIP) system.
Utilisation of PIP alleviates the likelihood of unwelcome surprises at a critical stage of the works and ensures that these potential problems are designed out at an early stage in the project.
Project Work Plan
To ensure we provide our clients with a safe, efficient, and cost effective HVACR solution, we apply a tried and tested work plan regime:
- Designate project manager
- Agree work scope and responsibilities
- Conduct site survey, if required
- Verify work scope and agree engineering concept with client
- Present basis of design, time scales and costs
- Client review and approval
- Manufacture, install and commission
- Review and close out meeting with client
Click here for more Product Details from
HVAC & Refrigeration Engineering Ltd....